Friday, May 18, 2012

Writers & Modders Needed - Want to post on our blog?

One of the primary goals for this blog was that it become a central website for Skyrim modding news. To further that goal, I am allowing modders to request to use my blog for their mods. If I give you permission, then you will be given posting permission. With this permission you will be able to post news about your mods, important guides or readmes, announcements of new features or mods, and requests for help or team members. In addition, you will be given your own Page on the sidebar for all of your mods, news, and relevant information.

Because I don't want to be swamped with e-mails, and since I want the modders on this blog to be committed, skilled modders, I do have some restrictions.

Restrictions:



  • Commitment. I need to know that you aren't going to either disappear from this blog or give up halfway through a mod. I understand if you find out that a mod idea is impossible or too difficult, or if real life stuff gets in the way of modding. However, I need to know that you are at least going to try to finish your work, and that you will post at least once a month.
  • Skill. You must have completed at least one mod, and it must have been downloaded at least 1000 times. I am not trying to be mean to small-time modders, but I want merely want to make sure if you join my blog you will bring readers and that you make great mods.
  • Be easy to work with. Be nice to readers, write good posts, respond to comments, etc.

Besides those restrictions, all you need to do is send me (Woverdude) an e-mail with some information about you and what you will post. Include links to a mod(s) that you have made. If you are interested in this, please contact me. I will take a look at your mod(s), maybe download them and try them out. If I like your mods, and think that you'd be a great addition to this blog, then I will e-mail you back and give you posting permission.

Skyrim News and Tutorials:

In addition, I would like the Skyrim Modding Blog to become a hub for Skyrim tips and news. If you keep up with the current Elder Scrolls news and write well, I would love to have you as a news writer. Send me an e-mail with some information about yourself, how closely you watch Elder Scrolls news, and (preferably) an example of some article or post that you have written.

Also, if you are a Skyrim modder who isn't looking for a place to post news, but would like to write tutorials, then contact me. I have already written a number of tutorials, plan on writing more, and have a page for them. If you've never written a tutorial, take a look at those to see how they work. If you want to write tutorials, shoot me an e-mail with some info about yourself and with an example of a tutorial that you have written. If you have not written any tutorials yet, then please write one for me to look at.

A note about posting frequency: I will not have the same restrictions for tutorial and news writers. In terms of frequency, I ask only that you post at least once a month. Also, if you are not going to be available for contacting or writing for more than a couple of weeks, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent bot spamming